The Mauling of Meatless Mondays

As this last week of my habit comes to a close I feel that it's now a good time to evaluate my success at sticking to my habit. Over the course of this project I felt that I did a good job of sticking to habit with help from my family and friends. However, there were several notable instances over the course of this project where I did cheat on meatless Mondays. Specifically, Christmas day and the following Monday were instances in which it was impossibly hard to overcome the urge to enjoy holiday meat with family. Although, despite these instances sticking to my habit wasn't too difficult as long as I pre-planned what I was going to eat.

While I will return to my meat eating habits, this project has helped me to consider the many environ- mental impacts of the products I use and the habits that I indulge in. Through the opportunity to truly explore how my products are made, I have been able to fully understand the numerous and lasting ecological effects of my habit. The experience of exploring my impact is something that I'd  suggest everyone try out for the interesting takeaways. Additionally, this project has helped me to truly understand the effectiveness of peer and parental support in sticking to my goal. As over the course of the project, I found that having someone to nag and remind me of my goals was a very effective tool in helping me stick to my habit. As such, I would suggest that If you want help with  sticking to a goal that you should pick out a couple of people to help support you with your execution of it. Furthermore, according to the article by Colin Robertson titled, 6 Factors That Influence Our Behavior, social motivation in the form of, "peers willing to help you accomplish your goal" are an integral part in successfully adopting a new habit or behavior.

Thus, through the unique opportunity to try out a new habit and explore the ramifications of my current habits I have been able to develop new effective strategies to stick to me new habits and uncover a wealth of new knowledge about the products I consume on a daily basis.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mid-point Reflection

Calculating Impact